Berks County COVID-19:
PA Department of Health:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
On Point: www.wbur.org
- Tracking Coronavirus Exposure: How Contact Tracing Works
- Contact tracing. It's infectious disease detective work. We learn all about the techniques and technology used to track down people who've been exposed to the coronavirus.
- Epidemiologists Answer Your Latest Questions About The Coronavirus Pandemic
- A new report considers evidence that possibly suggests the coronavirus was circulating outside of China as early as late last year. We talk to epidemiologists about how that changes what we know about the virus.
Radio Times: www.whyy.org
- Unlocking The Novel Coronavirus
- Discussion of what makes the coronavirus such an effective and dangerous pathogen in the human body, and the race to develop a vaccine against it.
- Predicting The Pandemic
- Science Journalist, David Quammen, author of the book, Spillover: Animals Infections and the Next Human Pandemic, discusses what is known about the origins of the virus, why we were so unprepared for this outbreak, and how to prepare for the next pandemic.
Diane Rehm: On My Mind: www.wamu.org
- Coronavirus and The Long Road Ahead
- Diane talks with Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota.
- Coronavirus Testing In the U.S. Continues To Fall Short
- How much more testing is needed? Diane asks Dr. Ashish Jha, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute.
- The Battle Within: Coronavirus and The Immune System
- Analysts, journalists and leaders are very focused on how COVID-19 affects the world around us. But what about how it affects the world within us? How does the human immune system handle a disease that it’s never even interacted with before? Matt Richtel is a reporter with The New York Times and the author of “An Elegant Defense: The Extraordinary New Science of the Immune System.”
- What Medical Experts Say About When To Reopen America
- Some states will reopen amid the pandemic. How would medical experts advise they do so, if at all?