Teen Book Drop
Love your shelf! Choose a new book for some "shelf" care, and use the goodies inside for some "self-care". Self-care is any activity we do deliberately in order to take care of our mental, emotional, and physical health. Use these goodies as a starting point to make some "me" time, relax, and get recharged!
What's in the box?
This box is for you! The book and goodies are for you to keep!
- Your book pick: Relax and read. Studies show that reading can reduce stress and anxiety.
- Coloring bookmark: Think you're too old to color? Nope! Coloring can help reduce stress and improve focus. Try it!
- Sheet mask: The sheet mask recharges your skin with a boost of hydration while the "me time" recharges you.
- Notebook: Write down what you're thinking or feeling today. Journaling promotes mindfulness and helps regulate our emotions.
- Hot cocoa: Add water or milk to make a hot cuppa on a cold day!
- Craft: Glitter and sequins make everything better! Crafts like this one are a great way to unwind after a tough day.
- Dark chocolate: Chocolate helps relieve stress! Dark chocolate stimulates the production of endorphins in your brain, which helps keep you in a good mood!
Your local library can also help you get more resources about self-care! Many people are feeling stressed or depressed during this time, and you can text "ruOK Berks" to talk about it or get help: 484-816-7865