Drop in and find out why families flock to participate in Wyomissing Public Library's storytime! Stories are combined with songs, physical activities, fingerplays and creative crafts to keep your child's mind imagining and learning. Storytime is also a wonderful social experience for your child.
Storytime is held in our library's community room. The spacious area provides plenty of room for parents and children to enjoy the library experience. No registration is necessary. Storytime begins promptly at the designated time, however if you are running late it's no problem: just grab a rug and find a spot!
Preschool storytimes focus on early literacy techniques to help prepare your child for their preschool and kindergarten classes. All storytimes are followed by a craft to practice fine motor skills.
- For children three to five years old.
- Visit with us Wednesday mornings at 10:00 a.m.
Tales for Twos Toddler Storytime
Toddler storytimes focus on early literacy techniques to help your child grow and develop personal and social skills. All storytimes are followed by a simple craft and creative play with puppets, books, and blocks.
- For our younger patrons, ages eighteen months to two years old.
- Join us Thursday mornings at 10:00 a.m.
Designed for children entering Kindergarten, Play-K is an early literacy initiative that promotes school readiness within the library setting. Children will participate in a "school-like" circle-time experience that includes stories, socialization and play, while parents are free to wander about and explore the library.
- For children ages four to five years old.
- Join us on Tuesday, December 19, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
- Registration for this event is required. Please visit or contact the main desk to sign up.