Summer Quest Program
Monday, June 11 - Saturday, August 18, 2018
Lots of great fun and educational programs are happening at the Wyomissing Public Library this summer!
The library is the perfect destination to enrich your child’s summer with quality programs and events that are always free of charge. For a complete list of summer programs and events, stop by the library and pick up a summer calendar at the main desk, or view it online.
Remember to visit the library for easy access to books for the Wyomissing Area Junior/Senior High School summer reading list at the beginning of the summer!
What is the Summer Quest Program?
- The 2018 Summer Quest Program encourages kids & teens to read and learn throughout the summer for FUN. The library offers dozens of programs each month to foster a love of reading, and engage kids in learning. This year's theme is "Libraries Rock!"
How does the Reading Ticket work?
- Register for the program at the library. Use a reading ticket to keep track of the number of minutes that you read each week by coloring an instrument for each 15 minutes. If a grown-up reads to you, that counts, too (hint: Miss Kris is a grown-up, so come for storytimes)! When you color all 4 instruments on your reading ticket, turn it in at the circulation desk to receive 1 raffle ticket. Raffle tickets may be placed in the prize jar of your choice, located near the circulation desk. (1 instrument = 15 minutes, so 1 completed ticket = 60 minutes of reading time.)
How does the Activity Checklist work?
- Register for the program at the library. Use the checklist to explore activities and programs that the library has to offer. When you complete at least 10 activities, turn it in at the circulation desk to receive 1 free book of your choice, and 10 raffle tickets. Raffle tickets may be placed in the prize jar of your choice, located near the circulation desk.
What can I win?
- Your completed reading tickets allow you to enter the raffles to win cool prizes, like a family trip to the zoo, or a Barnes & Noble gift card, or tickets to the Reading Royals. In addition, each week we will raffle off a cool backpack with a special little "something" inside, and you will get to choose another free book!
When will you announce the winners?
- Saturday, August 18, 2018, at the end of our annual Block Party event! We will call you if you cannot attend.